Leadership is ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen
Leadership is the one central and most important element of successful management teams. The difference that good leadership can make to an organization - often reflects starkly not only in company performance but also in team morale.
Leadership Program Highlights
1) People want to work for people they like and they like people they trust.
2) The definition of leadership: “Someone following someone because they want to and not just because they have to.”
3) What we all want: Love, money and prestige.
4) Listening skills: You motivate people by listening to them; compassion and attention create dedication. They key word is “wow”.
5) Hire for talent: Skills and experience are gained and maintain best by those who had the talent to begin with. Drive and relationship building are more talent than skill.
6) “When the pain of what we are going through becomes greater than the fear of change we change.”
7) “Circumstances do not create the quality of your life.”
8) Perceptions: Don’t judge your insides by someone else’s outsides.
9) Personal goals: “If you don’t have personal goals, you’re controlled by those who do.” What are the 3 most important things you have to do today, this week or this year?
10) Train your people: The top managers in the country train consistently. Make sure the program is customized and do it off-site.
11) The fear cycle: Fear lowers your ability to perform. “Heroes and cowards feel the same fear and action creates opportunities.”
12) Take a look at the role you play in your problems: “If it’s somebody else’s fault you can’t learn anything about yourself.”